Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Breastfeeding.....WTF!

Can someone please tell me why breastfeeding (BF) has to be so hard? One would think that this would come naturally to all women since we've been having babies for centuries, right? Wrong! The truth is it hurts like hell! And the thing is, no one talks about it until you are in the throws of it all. Then someone would say, "It should stop hurting in about a week".  And you just want to say, "WTF, tell that to my nipples that look like they have been burned." I'm in my second month of BF and it has been hell! I have seen nurses in the hospital, my midwife, a lactation consultant, and a doctor that specializes in breastfeeding and I'm still struggling to BF. My husband jokes with me saying that the amount of money we've spent on learning how to BF could have bought months of formula...He is so right. :)

Oh, by the way, did I mention the pain you feel when your little bundle of joy is latched on incorrectly?...Is it me?

No comments:

Post a Comment